Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just starting

I'm not a diary keeper so I'm sure entries for this are going to be haphazarded at best. Saturday I turned in a new book to my publisher and the executive editor. I took off Sunday and Monday to read. The hazard of becoming an author is not having time to read. And when I'm writing a book, I don't read in my genre. It was nice to pluck a few off the tottering TBR stack.

Janet Evanovich ELEVEN ON TOP -- Stephanie Plum -- always fun
Mary Janice Davidson UNDEAD AND UNRETURNABLE -- Queen Betsy's beginning to get the hang of things
Mary Janice Davidson and Anthony Alongi JENNIFER SCALES AND THE ANCIENT FURNACE
which had a wonderful flow
Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer DON'T LOOK DOWN which is an interesting blend of writing styles

Most of today I spent researching Old Growth Forests in the NE United States for the new book which I must start writing by the end of the week. This is a woman planning to develop a piece of property she's inherited into a subdivision and running afoul of the Woodland King who protects the property. It'll be interesting to see what happens between them and, since I'm such a pantzer, not even I know.

No comments: